Christian R. Proaño
University Professor of Economics, Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
I am a Full-Professor of Economics at the University of Bamberg, Germany. I am also a fellow of the Euro Area Business Cycle Network (EABCN), a research fellow of the Centre of Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA) at the Australian National University and a member of the Computational and Financial Econometrics (CFE) Network. Additionally, I am the spokesperson of the Doctoral Research Training Group “Bounded Rationality, Heterogeneity and Network Effects” funded by the Hans-Böckler Foundation, and principal organizer of the Behavioral Macroeconomics Workshop.
My main research interests are behavioral macroeconomics, monetary policy, macrofinancial stability, international finance and income inequality.
Here you can find out about my
- Current Projects
You can download my CV in PDF format here. Check out also the website of my professorship at the University of Bamberg here.
- Feb. 2023: My paper “How Does Financial Development Affect the Growth–Inequality Nexus? Evidence from a PCHVAR Analysis” with Juan Carlos Peña and Sven Schnellbacher is out now at Industrial and Corporate Change! Check it out here.
- Nov. 2022: My paper “Low Interest Rates, Banks’ Search-for-Yield Behavior and Financial Portfolio Management” with Benjamin Lojak and Tomasz Makarewicz is out now at the North American Journal of Finance and Economics! Check it out here.
- Sep. 2022: My paper “Countercyclical Capital Buffers, Bank Concentration and Macrofinancial Stability in an Agent-Based Macro-Financial Framework” with Michael Neuner and Alberto Russo is out now at Advances in Complex Systems! Check it out here.
- Sep. 2022: I have been designated Associate Editor at the Review of Keynesian Economics. Looking forward to this new challenge!
- Jun. 2022: My paper “Capital-Constrained Loan Creation, Household Stock Market Participation and Monetary Policy in a Behavioral New Keynesian Model” with Naira Kotb is now out at the International Journal of Finance and Economics! Check it out here.
- Mar. 2022: I will be giving a two-day course on “Expectations and Learning in Macroeconomics” at the University of Florence on March 21-22, 2022.
- Mar. 2022: My paper “Inequality, macroeconomic performance and political polarization: a panel analysis of 20 advanced democracies” with Juan Carlos Peña and Thomas Saalfeld is now out at the Review of Social Economy! Check it out here.
- Dec. 2021: My paper “Monetary Policy with a State-Dependent Inflation Target in a Behavioral Two-Country Monetary Union Model” with Benjamin Lojak is now out at the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control ! Check it out here.
- Nov. 2021: Our new book “Unbalanced Growth from a Balanced Perspective” is out! Check it out here.